Sunday, March 3, 2013

London fog cold-process soap

Here is my first London fog recipe I made up.

Ingredients:
  • Lard
  • Olive oil
  • Coconut oil
  • Distilled water
  • Lye
Flavorings: 
  • Lady grey tea
  • Vanilla bean
  • Lavender


Different ways I infused the flavors this time. Inspiration from lovingsoap.com I infused the olive oil with a vanilla bean and a tea spoon of tea. I used a mason jar and placed it in a crock-pot for about 3 hours on warm. 

Bringing Lard, Coconut Oil & Olive Oil to the right temp (~115 degrees)

Prepared Cups with Lavender pods.

Distilled water steeped with Lady Grey tea. 


I boiled the distilled water and made some tea. I let is cool and strained out the tea before I added the lye.
The mixture of oils made the soap come to trace really quickly, and it should create a nice bubbly bar of soap.

I also, measured out the finished soap into 2 oz.portions this time. I used the lavender as a little embellishment.


Will post more once soap is cured. 


4 comments:

  1. I wаѕ rеcommended this blog via my
    cousin. I am not pοsitiѵe ωhether this ѕubmit is written thгough him
    аs no one else understаnd ѕuch ԁеsignateԁ approхimatelу mу trouble.
    You aге wοnderful! Thanks!


    my blоg - gobayuenergy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always spent my half an hour tο гead this weblοg's articles or reviews all the time along with a mug of coffee.

    My web blog: chatroulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I сοuld nοt resist сommenting.
    Very wеll wrіtten!

    Feel fгee to surf to my web ѕite :: Just Click Www.Keepandshare.Com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Τhanks ԁеѕіgned for
    sharіng such a pleaѕаnt iԁeа, piеce οf
    writing іѕ gоoԁ, thats why
    i have rеad it fully

    Alsо νisit mу weblog: chatroulette

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share