Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wedding Music: Any Suggestions?

Mr. Geologist and I are really into music, and we have already started to compile a list. However, our taste tends to run indie, and although I would love everyone to enjoy the songs we enjoy, I also want people on the dance floor. Especially Mr. Geologist's Father. Though I think Okerville River is awesome, they have quite a unique sound that I don't think everyone will apperciate.

A few of the songs on the Playlist now:
Nothing Better - By Postal Service {..Tell me am I right to think that there could be nothing better, Than making you my wife and slowly growing old together...}
Come Away with Me - Norah Jones
Take Off Your Cool - Outkast
I Will Follow You into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie 
The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows - Brand New

Anyone have any suggestions for Classic/Good songs that are good for dancing? Or opinoins of meaningful songs to the couple vs. songs that everyone enjoys? Also I have been keeping almost all the songs of the Romantic Variety,




2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, music. Some classics to consider...
    More by Bobby Darin.
    The Way you Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra
    Night and Day- multiple artists Kiss to Build a Dream On, Louis Armstrong - Marco and I danced to first as a married couple. :)

    I think you are awesome considering all the music tastes of people. Our dj did a great job of getting people to dance and playing a great mix of music. So, I guess I am saying, select a good dj and then you won't have to worry about the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share